According to a report, over 13,000 students migrate to Canada yearly to study in one of the Institutions in Canada. This is because Canada has a high-quality education system; in addition to this, Canada has a rich culture.
Canadian institutions as three main aspects which make them greatly loved by International students, which are
- Scientific publication
- International Collaborations
But is getting a Canadian student visa difficult? No!
Canada has a flexible immigration policy, making it easy to get a student visa if you follow the procedures to get it.
In this article, you will learn about how you can apply for a Canadian student visa.
Apply For Admission At Canadian University and Get An Acceptance letter
Before you begin your Canadian student visa application, you need to decide first which University you want to study.
If you haven’t decided yet, you can’t start your application. If you are clueless about the university you can apply to in Canada, here are some of the best and recommended Universities in Canada where you can apply to and get your acceptance letter.
- University of Toronto
- York University
- University of Manitoba
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Winnipeg
Check If You Need To Apply For Student Visa
Not everyone needs to apply for a student visa before they can study in Canada. There are categories of people who do not need to apply for a visa.
You can make use of this tool to find out whether you need a student visa or not.
In addition, do not apply for a student visa if any of the below applies to you.
- Any of your family members is a representative of Canada
- The study program which you enrolled for won’t last for six months
- Any of your family members work as an armed force in Canada
It should be acknowledged that the study permit differs from the regular visa, which permits you to travel to Canada.
Begin Your Application For The Canadian Student Visa
Once you have received your acceptance letter from the university you applied to, you need to start your student visa application immediately.
The next thing for you to do now is to get your study permit, and it’s also known as a student visa.
How To Get Your Student Visa
You need to apply online on the CIC Website (citizenship and immigration Canada). This needs to be done before you arrive in Canada.
If you do not have a strong internet connection, you can submit your application by post.
On the CIC website, you will need to provide the following.
- The acceptance letter
- Proof that you have the financial capacity to sponsor your education in Canada
- You need to provide a police report, which must indicate you do not have a criminal record.
- You need to provide your medical report, which should indicate you do not have any contagious disease
As stated in the new visa regulations, your student visa application takes a maximum of two weeks if you have a family member in Canada who is applying for a work permit.
Furthermore, your student visa is renewable, and you can renew it under the following criteria.
- If you still wish to further your study in Canada after you have completed your initial program
- Your program was got extended by the University due to unforeseen circumstances
After you have completed your program, you only have 90 days left to vacate Canada. You can apply for a residence permit if you still wish to stay in Canada after completing your studies.
Make Sure You Have All The Needed Documents For Your Visa Application
You need to have all the necessary documents for your student visa in place.
- Make sure you fill your student visa application
- Make sure you provide the original acceptance letter provided by your Institution
- Make sure to provide an original passport (US residents are exempt from this)
- Provide your recent passport photograph (Two copies)
- You must have up to Ten thousand Canadian dollars, which will cover your living expenses in Canada
- You must provide your language proficiency test result.
- You must provide the receipt for the study permit you paid for.
Language Requirements To Study In Canada
Before you will be granted a study permit, you need to provide your English language test results, nevertheless, this won’t be needed if you are from an English-speaking country.
Only the below tests are allowed for your language proficiency test.
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Biometrics appointment and interview
You may need to attend an interview and have a biometric appointment based on your nationality.
The biometric appointment comes with a fee of 85 Canadian dollars as of the time of writing this article.
How Long Will Your Student Visa Application Take?
How long your visa application will take depends on the country where you are.
However, regardless of any circumstances, a student visa doesn’t take more than three months.